Queen Elizabeth To Contribute To S*x Abuse Settlement between Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts
According to reports, Queen Elizabeth will be asked to contribute to a prospective settlement between her son Prince Andrew and his accuser Virginia Roberts.
Touchaheart Nigeria reports that this comes amid reports this week that Prince Andrew and Ms Roberts may reach an out-of-court settlement to avoid the case going to trial.
The Queen would be requested to contribute alongside his own input if he decides to provide his accuser a payoff, which supposedly might reach £5 million, according to The Telegraph.
Since last February, when the Duke initially retained a solicitor, the monarch has been paying the Duke’s legal bills.
After being trafficked by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, Ms. Roberts, who now goes by the married name Giuffre, claims that the prince had sex with her three times. The charges have been consistently refuted by Prince Andrew.
The Queen’s revenues come from the income generated by her private Duchy of Lancaster estate.
Prince Andrew is reportedly rumored to be considering selling the Swiss chalet he and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson purchased for £17 million in 2014, with the proceeds going toward Ms. Roberts’ legal bills.
Andrew, it was said yesterday, is attempting to hasten the sale of the house.
Andrew and the Duchess of York decided to sell the home after settling a court battle with Isabella de Rouvre, 74, the previous owner. She claimed they owed her £6.6 million after allegedly failing to pay the property’s final instalment on January 1, 2020.
She went to the Swiss courts to fight for the property. When it became clear that the house was close to selling for the asking price of £17.3 million, Ms de Rouvre consented to withdraw the legal action.
Once the house is sold, the Yorks will be able to repay the debt.
After renting the chalet for vacations with their children, Beatrice and Eugenie, the Yorks became friends with Miss de Rouvre.
Prince Andrew and his ex-wife bought it with a mortgage and private funding from the Queen as a ‘long-term family investment’, sources claimed.
If judge Kaplan does decide that Virginia Giuffre’s case should go to full trial, insiders said the option to settle out of court ‘remains on the table’.
A source told the Daily Mail earlier this week: ‘Obviously, this is a US case involving US lawyers and involving a US civil lawsuit,’ one source said. ‘In reality, 99 per cent of US civil litigations are settled out of court.
‘A settlement would always be an option on the table, as that’s where the vast majority end up. There is also the wider pressure and attritional impact to consider.’
Because of her civil settlement with Epstein, Andrew’s lawyers claimed in a New York court last week that Miss Roberts’ case should not proceed to trial.
According to the Duke’s legal team, she agreed to forgo her right to sue any other “potential defendants” in exchange for a $500,000 (£370,000) payment, which would include the prince, given the allegations she has made against him.
Miss Roberts claims she was raped three times by the Duke in 2001, when she was 17 and he was 41 years old.
Despite the availability of a photograph of them together with Ghislaine Maxwell, Andrew has always angrily disputed the charges and stated that he had no recollection of meeting Miss Roberts.
Miss Roberts’ complaint should be dismissed, Andrew’s legal team claimed this week, citing her earlier payment, the fact that she has not provided enough details about the alleged abuse, and the fact that her pursuit of the case was ‘unconstitutional.’
Judge Kaplan said he will make his decision on whether the matter should proceed to trial ‘pretty soon.’