Some Of The Things You Didn’t Know About Ada Ameh (See Video)
Veteran Nollywood actress and television personality Ada Ameh has passed away.
Ameh slumped on Sunday, according to sources, and was taken to the hospital of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation but was declared dead there.
Recall that on June 15th, the actress disclosed on her official Instagram account that she suffered a mental breakdown and was being sued by a business for failing to complete work.
She said: “I have an issue right now and it’s taking my life, but I no go die. We would get over it. I was given a job, but I didn’t do it because I have mental health issues. Will people understand it if you have mental issues? No, they wouldn’t. They are slamming me with a bill, suing me. It’s okay.”
ADA AMEH: Some Of The Things To Know About Her
- Ameh was born on the 15th of May 1974 in the Ajegunle area of Lagos.
- Raised in Lagos, the actress underwent primary and secondary school in the state but quit school at 14.
- She’s a native of Idoma, Benue state
- Ameh received both primary and secondary school education in Lagos State.
- She got pregnant with her daughter, Aladi, at 14, which resulted from exposure to early sex.
- Her parent got separated the same month she was pregnant.
- Her father drove her out of the house when she was 15 years old and her baby was 5-month-old then.
- Ameh In 1995 officially became part of the Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, and received her first movie role in 1996 when she played the character Anita in the movie “Domitila”, a movie that eventually became a successful and solid project.
- Lost 3 sisters, 3 brothers, and her father
- At the age of 32, she lost her only child and daughter, Aladi Godsgifts. Godsgift died on October 20, 2020, after an unsuccessful surgery in Abuja.
- Ameh was also featured in the Nigerian Tv series titled The Johnsons, which also become a successful project that received awards.
- Ameh joined Nollywood in 1995 with Zeb Ejiro’s Domitila, where she played the role of Anita.
- The award-winning actress was most recently known for her major role as Emu in the Africa Magic family series, The Johnsons.
- The actress featured in other movies, including, “Oloture”, “Our Husband”, “King Of Shitta”, “Ghana Must Go”, “A Million Baby”, “My Village People”, etc.